Thursday 16 June 2016

In the absence of Mojo

(I have a 12 hour window at home before heading off again and I prepared this draft post so that I would have something to share!)
Whilst home last week it didn't matter how long I sat and stared at stamps, inks and paper Mr Mojo steadfastly refused to show his face....
I did something I hardly ever do and went and bought a crafting mag (silly prices) along with my Family History magazine!
Back home I mooched about putting some skin on the bones of  my 'dead people' for a little while (am currently researching more of the social history side of my roots) then turned my attention to the craft mag.
I liked the free stamp and stencil set and also rather liked the freebie toppers this time. As normal I wasn't fussed on the papers but in the absence of  Mojo needs must so I decided to do something else which I rarely do and use the toppers!
Here's the first one.
I used Tilda's Flowergarden papers, and a little Antique Linen distress ink on the edges of the layered piece.
Quite liked this little topper. Popped a pearl on her headband a a wee bit of stickles for some blingy!
The ribbon roses were from my stash (had them forever) and I carried on the papers inside.

I know I have a teapot charm somewhere and once I get my grubby mitts on it I will attach it!

Quite happy with this - made quickly and looks OK... but Mr Mojo is still nowhere to be seen sadly.
Although I am now off on my travels again (Leicester, Hertfordshire and Edinburgh) over the next 2 weeks so maybe I will find him whilst I am away.

Challenges -
CFAS - Make it Girly
CFTH - A/Goes
TTCRD - A/Goes

Thanks for looking - am sorry I haven't been able to visit you all. Back next week and have a few days at home so will catch up with everyone then. x

13 comments:

Carole said...

Mojo or not Viv , I like your card and I too have the magazine...you have showcased the topper so well. be safe on your travels and call in at the railway stations...I feel Mr Mojo is on a platform somewhere having missed a train!! :)

Lynne said...

It's a really pretty card Viv. Love the rose DP.
My dad is our family history buff. If ever I rang mum used to say that he was playing with his dead relatives. Love the social history side of it but love it even more when he finds a few juicy bits lol.
Lynne xxx

Meggymay said...

A realy pretty card, even though Mr Mojo has left the scene it still looks beautiful.
Yvonne xx

Kathleen said...

Really lovely image and papers and a great design, super card.

Kath x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Viv, I like the papers the sweet image and the bow with the roses
Kevin xx

Darnell said...

Ooooh, your bedazzling that headband really makes it pop on this charming card, Viv! I think you were meant to buy the mag and create this beauty, so there was a reason Mr. Mojo stayed behind the tree! Plus, it's hard, you know, when he gets all creative and ready to play and then you take off again and leave him lonely!! Safe travels and have fun!! Hugs, Darnell

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Beautiful card Viv love the paper's and wonderful colour's
Dianne xx :)

Sarn said...

Aww . . . naughty Mr Mojo . . . hope he comes back soon. Safe travels. At least the pricey mag inspired you to make a card xxx

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

What a cute image and I love how you colored her hair. Nice creation! Thank you for joining Anything Goes challenge at Through The Craft Room Door. Join us again and enjoy your day :)
Hugs&Smiles,
Asmah
TTCRD DT
Qinaahana Arts and Crafts {My Blog}

Cara said...

This is such a sweet card, fabulous. Cara x

Cara said...

A very sweet card!
Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Through The Craft Room Door.
(Hugs) Cara
Through The Craft Room Door {Owner}
TTCRD Challenge Blog
My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

Pat said...

This is a cute topper Viv and the roses dp in the background is beautiful and complement it really well as do the doily, lace and ribbon roses. I'm sorry you are still feeling unsettled and I think this card is definitely not a card from someone who is suffering from a lack of creativity. x

aussie aNNie said...

Nice to see you again Viv, how are you travelling. Love your awesome card, cute image and love the flowers.xx