Tuesday 25 March 2014

Inky musings

I have spent a little while today 'card completing' - with some inky bits that I did a few weeks back.
Sometimes I just like to ink and stamp without finishing anything off - then when the coloured bits drawer gets a bit full I have a mammoth matting and layering fest!

This share is ALMOST finished now - only almost - no sentiment or greeting as I'm not sure what I will use it for yet but have left enough space to stamp something in the top right I think. This card will be staying in my own stash as I don't have many left now.

I used quite a few different colours and also mixed Distress Inks with Adirondack ones - overall though am not too disappointed with how it turned out - although I look at many other similar cards and still feel I have a long way to go in the blending stakes!

The stamps are of course from Inkylicious - Humming Bird Garden.
Just matted and layered onto black and pink card.

I am busy sorting out a few things as we're off on a quick sunshine break on Thursday - just for a week - hopefully the weather will be a bit better than the grey sky and rain we've had here today. I will have internet access though so you're not rid of me!
As ever I appreciate any comments you leave me - tell me what you think about my inky attempts and any tips you have will be gratefully accepted!
Challenges -
Crafty Bloggers - Nature
My Craft Spot - Anything Goes
Use your Stuff - Ink
613 Avenue Create - Birds of a feather
Fashionable Stamping - Silhouette

Have a great day whatever you're doing. x

30 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow this is just stunning. You have coloured the sunset sky magnificently.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Sue said...

A love your card and scene,beautiful colours.
Enjoy your break.
Sue x

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely picture youve created Viv with your little humming bird....oh you lucky thing going off to find some sun...have a great time..

Anne

Carol Willis said...

This is so pretty Viv, love the colours.
Hugs
Caz x

Mrs A. said...

Beautiful blending on your background and love the sunset colours. I have a crafty indiduals stamp very similar but with out the humming bird so really must give this a try as I have the inks . Hugs Mrs A.

Irish Cherokee said...

This card absolutely stopped me in my tracks. If you left this card blank and put whatever on the inside it would be perfect. Stunning to say the least.

brenda said...

Nothing better than a bit of inky indulgence Viv and this piece is right up my street.

Do you think we can cope with another seven games, my voice is fading like yours, not to mention my blood pressure.

B x

Sally H said...

Stunning card, Viv! Love the colours, and your blending looks pretty much perfect to me. Fab stamping too. Love it x

Kate said...

What an absolutely stunning card! Your inking technique is spectacular! SO beautiful!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Viv, I love the colours and your blending looks wonderful.
I hope you have a fabulous time in the sunshine!
Sue xx

Kathleen said...

Absolutely gorgeous, the sky is stunning.

Kath x

Meggymay said...

Gorgeous card Viv, it looks so atmospheric.
Yvonne x

Wendy said...

Stunning card Viv, love it!
Enjoy your break.
Wendy xx

JD/ Jill said...

What a beautiful card! I really like the soft colors!

Jules said...

Hi Viv

Your card is so beautiful!!

Fabulous blending and gorgeous colour choices.

I would be well chuffed if I had created it that's for sure.

Hope you have a lovely time away and the sun shines nice and brightly for you.

Love Jules xx

Paper Junkie said...

I love cards like this Viv - so useful to have handy, then add a sentiment or suitable insert when you need to send it. Lovely for lots of different occasions (including the sad ones). X

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Viv, I love the scene you have created.
Kevin xx

debby4000 said...

Oh what a beautiful card.
luv
Debby

Jackie said...

'Tis very beautiful Viv, I do thinks like inking and punching/die cutting myself sometimes then go back to them when I have inspiration, I don't think I will ever run out of die cuts! :o)
Jackie xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Beautiful card Viv, your inking looks wonderful and love the colours. The hummingbird image is smashing. Enjoy your break, Susan xx

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,fab colours.xxx

Isbaha said...

This is SO beautiful ! Love this soft look. Thanks for playing along with us at Use Your Stuff !

Sherrie K. said...

GORGEOUS card! It has such a peaceful feel to it! Beautiful design!
Thanks so much for joining us in the challenge at My Craft Spot!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Julie Reed said...

I love this card Viv, great colours and beautifully simple. Jules x

Viv said...

Fabulous card Viv, love the great stamping and the pink of course. Lovely little scene and the bird is placed perfectly too:) Viv xx

Amanda said...

This is stunning! Thanks so much for sharing with us this week at Use Your Stuff!

My Creative Therapy said...

Viv this is just perfect for our Birds of a Feather optional twist this week! I love hummingbirds and your sky is beautiful! I think it's just fine without a sentiment. Thanks for playing in our neighborhood at 613 Avenue Create!
Kathi
Co-Owner/DT Coordinator

coops said...

so beautiful viv.i love your gorgeous scene and pretty pink and lilac colours ;D

xx coops xx

Anonymous said...

Stunning! I love that black silhouette of the birds against your inked sky. Just gorgeous! Thanks for joining our ink challenge at Use Your Stuff this week and hope to see you again.
Tammy DT

Ellie Knol said...

Beautiful card, gorgeous subtle colours,

thanks for joining us at FSC

xxx Ellie xxx