Saturday 9 February 2013

Those shabby flowers again.....

I have absolutely no idea where the last week has gone - I have been making stuff but as it's for a DT I can't post it! (Am trying to get as far ahead as is humanly possible so that I am not rushing about at the last minute - or even worse forgetting what I need to do altogether!)
I did make up a couple of quick cards for the stash box both using off cuts from one of my fave paper stacks - here's the first share -
a simple design (and one I have used before with Ella Rose papers) but think it is effective and of course quick - which is great if you want a birthday card in a hurry!!

3 different bits of paper from Tilda Flower Garden all stitched together.

The rose is once again made using nesties, sprinkled with water and scrunched up. This time though before securing all the layers together with a brad, I took a scrap of lace and made it into a circle, using it as the first 'petal layer'.

Once the brad was in place I put a large blob of Stickles in the centre to cover the top of the brad, then randomly dabbed the glitter onto the flower petals.
The leaves were cut from a punch and I simply stamped the sentiment onto another scrap and tucked it behind the flower.

Challenges -
Sparkles Forum - Die Cuts and flowers
Ruby's Rainbow - Roses
Craft Room Challenge - make your own Embellies
Cards by Lady Anne - Anything Goes

Am sorry the pic is a bit naff and it doesn't show the colour at all well - but the light here is truly truly bad - so you'll just have to believe me when I tell you it looks quite pretty 'in real life'!! x

25 comments:

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Gorgeouss!! love those papers Viv and that flower is lovely
jacqui x

Desire Fourie said...

Just so beautiful and the layered flower really makes it.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Crafty Lark said...

Ooooo I like this very much indeed, gorgeous paper use and I can see why it works so beautifully. xx Flora

Mrs A. said...

Looking just as pretty from where I'm sat too. I love the different aspects of stiching. hugs Mrs A.

Rom-a said...

Bardzo ciekawa.
i fajne kolory ;)

annesyme said...

Gorgeous!! beautiful papers and I love the flower.
Anne x

coops said...

so beautiful viv.i love your flower and really pretty papers :D

xx coops xx

craftysue49 said...

Really lovely Viv...love the flower ..never made one like this must try to do one x

Meggymay said...

The flower is awesome, love your card it looks so feminine.
Yvonne x

Lee said...

Hope you got my thank you email lol.

This is absolutely Stunning I adore the papers.Hugs

Penny said...

Such a pretty card! Love the papers and stitching. And that flower is just fabulous! Thank you for sharing this with us at Lady Anne's this month! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Maria said...

This is so gorgeous, and your flower is just stunning - I love the lace layer underneath! Thanks for sharing your Handmade Embellishments with us at the Craft-Room Challenge.

Maria x

Monica said...

So romantic, reminds of of those English prints. That flower is so pretty. Love the first layer of lace.

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

This is stunning Viv, so pretty and feminine. Love how you added the lace to the floweer x

Jackie said...

It may have been quick but it is so beautiful, that rose is gorgeous and I love the way you have stitched the papers together :o)
Jackie xx

Ally said...

it looks so beautiful, I love this hand made flower, I'm always to lazy for that! gives the card a special effect!
xoxo, Alessandra

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful card VIv, pretty papers and your flower is fabulous

Anne

Unknown said...

Stunning card and this flower is gorgeous. The few cards below I have missed...sorry.. Vintage love is absolutely beautiful...lovely and romantic...luv annie

Wendy said...

Absolutely gorgeous Viv, LOVE that flower and pretty colours.
Wendy xx

Basslady said...

a beautiful card! i love the dp and the wonderful flower!

thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Shea said...

This one spells "cottage" all the way. It's delightful! LOVE LOVE LOVE that flower. Nesties, huh? I love the effect and must try it myself - thanks so much for another gem of inspiration!

Helen said...

Great card. Gorgeous flower. Thank you for sharing with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges.

Hugs Helen xx

Anonymous said...

fab card lovely papers l must give this flower ago and great layout x

Lin said...

Great papers, but fabulous flower!!!

Lin xx

Debi said...

Beautiful!!!! congrats on being one of our Top 3 winners at Craft Room, Debi x