Saturday 22 December 2012

A Krafty Christmas

I love Wet Wet Wet - the band that is not the weather and I hope you've all done your shopping - cos if it's as bad where you are as it is here you'll all be like drowned rats by now!
I (she says smugly) have no shopping left to do - got most of the food (which in OH's eyes is the MOST important thing about Christmas- LOL) and all that's left is a few fresh bits which can be bought in the village, a quick run round with the hoover which I will be leaving till tomorrow..... and a few bits of ironing ... which I will be leaving till tomorrow.... !!

 I have had this Papermania paper and stamp for ages and each time I have gone to use it, the mojo has gone walkabout. Having invested in the Kraft card stock this year I was happy to note that the paper actually looked OK next to it! So made a few of these to send - they are relatively CAS and were quite quick to do.

I used Stazon Forest Green on the stamp and it's actually a really good colour match to the paper!
Couple of die cuts in green card to back the main stamp and the greeting and organza ribbon from my stash. 
Finished it all off with a few red pearls - well it IS Christmas after all!

Challenges -

Stampin' for the weekend - Anything Goes
Card Crafters Circle - It's Christmas
2 Sisters - Krafty Christmas
Pretty Little Ribbon - It's Christmas
Visible Image - Christmas
 
 I hope you're all not completely 'Christmassed' out - just think - this time next week it will all be over!!!!!!!(And you'll be looking forward to 2013!) x

17 comments:

Kim S said...

So rich and elegant!! I'm glad you are able to relax the next few days instead of the frantic rush!

Crafty Lark said...

Gorgeous layout and colour. I do have a few fresh bits on my wish list but if I don't get them never mind. I am tired of wet, wet, wet. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and a great 2013. xx Flora

Sasha said...

Gorgeous patterned papers and colours, Viv. A really elegant Christmas card.
Thank you for joining in with us this month at the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop challenge x

annesyme said...

Gorgeous card Viv. Love the papers stamped image and that luscious green ribbon.
Anne x

annesyme said...

Oops, forgot to wish you and yours a very Happy Christmas and all the best for 2013.
Anne x

Stamps and Paper said...

Fabulous card and just love your colours

Anne

Fleur said...

Gorgeous card, stunning details and yummy papers.
Hope you have a wonderful Christmas
BIG HUGZ Fleur xXx

Meggymay said...

Beautiful card, love the colour combination.
Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and New Year.
Yvonne x

debby4000 said...

Fabulous, beautiful card Viv.
luv
Debby

Jessica Pascarella said...

Very cute! great colors! Thanks for playing along with us at Visible Image

coops said...

so gorgeous viv.really love your classy design,
Wishing you a really Happy Christmas and thanks for all your comments on my blog this year :D

xx coops xx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous. I love the elegant design and the colours are so beautiful.

Thank you for taking part in the Stampin' for the Weekend Challenge and Happy Christmas to you too.
Sue

Grandma Bonnie said...

Viv, your card is very traditional...and pretty! Thanks for sharing your talent at Card Crafter's Circle!

Ally said...

I totally agree...the most important thing is FOOD lol!! Yummie food that makes my trousers become tight and my belly become fat and ugly (as if it wasn't fat enough!!). But I'll eat with no regrets lol!
Wonderful card, dear Viv, I love the paper, it's wonderful!
Have a wonderful Christmas, my dear!
Lotsa hugs, Alessandra

mylittlecardstudio.blogspot.com said...

Gorgeous card. I love the pretty design...stunning. Thank you for joining us at 2 Sisters this week. Good luck. Hugs, Jill x

Anonymous said...

great card thanks for sharing with us at 2sisters this week good luck with the challenge Tracy xx

brenda said...

Beautiful and elegant Viv.

Thanks so much sharing with us at Pretty Little Ribbons challenge this month.

Wishing you a Happy New Year.

B x