Monday 27 August 2012

Monday First

First post tonight - got home after getting drenched (AGAIN) - Didn't anyone tell the weather that bowls is a SUMMER game, supposed to be played in SUN??? Cold and wet, green flooded so we all just came home, yet another competition abandoned - don't anyone say anything to me about global warming - I've put the heating on - it's like November!!!
It's been a couple of weeks since I managed an entry into the Less Is More challenge and I was pleased to get a card finished this week - the others from the last two weeks are lying here unfinished!
This week the theme was 3-2-1.
'All that you need to do is to incorporate 3 of something, 2 of something and 1 of something else!'
So here's my countdown ( or was it dusty bin... talk about showing my age...) card!
I initially intended to only use 3 stamps but ended up using four with the sentiment stamp!

The flower heads (which are 2 stamps from a Hero Arts set) were stamped in Tea Dye DI and then stamped over again using Antique Linen DI. The wispy grasses off the edge of the circle are also from the same set and the sentiment is a stamp that was just laying about on my oh so tidy desk and fitted into the frame!!

I cut out the stamped image with a nestie then cut another circle from a piece of rusty coloured textured cardstock and stuck the stamped image over it.
The remains of the card stock was cut to fit inside a scored card blank and just positioned to the left of the stamped circle.

I finished the card with 3 bronze sparkly gems, a punched out butterfly and added a teeny bit of glamour dust onto the flower heads for some bling!
So my 3-2-1 are
1 butterfly
2 shapes - circle and the other bit!
3 gems. 
Sorry about the pic quality - light here is terrible!

12 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Hi Viv....great take on the LIM challenge like your colours...I agree it is cold goe back to wearing my jumpers!!

Anne

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Very nice Viv love your image

jacqui x

Lynne said...

Fabby card Viv, love the colours.
Sorry you got wet again. At least with my downpour I was inside, would hate to have been out in it.
Lynne xxx

Chrissie said...

Super card Viv, I love those stamps and it's really effective in monochrome!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

annesyme said...

Beautiful card Viv, sorry I couldn't read the orange on black. Did make out you have the heating on and that is what I'm about to do even if it is only for half an hour before I go to bed.
Anne x

Aileen said...

Love the circle and cut out. Great way to bring focus to your main image. x

Shelby said...

Wish you could send some of your rain our way! Love CAS design and adore you've done the circle...going to have to case that in the future.

Shelby

Sue said...

Very nice card, Viv. Lovely colours and stamp and great how you have used the circle. Sue x

Bonnie said...

I love these colors and that fabulous layout!

Mandi said...

Great card Viv
Super stamping
Thanks very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Viv said...

Fabulous card Viv, great colour too :) Viv xx

Jan said...

This is great xx Jan