Wednesday 4 July 2012

A warm welcome to my new followers - it's lovely to see you and thanks for being interested enough to pop in and comment.
What on earth has happened to our Summer?
The weather here agin this morning is wet and the skies are grey - yesterday I had to have the light on whilst making messy in the craftie space and I suppose today is going to be no different. I am listening to the weather forecast at the mo and the radio man is saying no change - Am definitley now counting down the days till the September holiday!
Just a quick card to share this morning - I'm currently working on a couple of things ordered by some friends and the desk is littered with Distress ink, embossing powder and acetate... need to get on and finish so I can tidy up!

I am one of the large number of us who always struggles with 'man' cards - kids are fine 'cos you can get away with an odd ribbon or two but once they become teenagers and then even worse grown up adults I never seem to be able to come up with any ideas other than plain and simple!

BUT - have recently invested in a couple of stamp sets - and this is one of them -
I went a bit mad and bought the matching papers too..... called 'Man About Town' by Wild Rose Studio - to make sure that I had plenty to make a few cards with!

Made a batch of them to make sure I've always got one when I need it - didn't mess about with any embellies other than a couple of card candy and just to make them a bit more interesting continued with the papers inside.

Very sophisticated isn't he? Not that I know anyone who takes their martinis shaken not stirred..... but a girl can live in hope.....................................



Couple of challenges -
Top Tip Tuesday - One for the Men
Cards for Men - Happy Birthday
MAWTT - Happy Birthday
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes

Thanks for visiting - if it's raining where you are I hope you're dry, if the sun is shining - I'm really jealous!!!


20 comments:

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is lovely, what a great card, its very sophisticated, thanks for playing on MAWTT this week, Love Hazel

Lisa Jane said...

ooh he looks licensed to thrill.. is that champagne? or a martini shaken not stirred,, fabulous elegant card
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
Lisa x

Mrs A. said...

Another very elegant card. I can report that though it isn't raining here it isn't sunshine either, just dull and windy. A normal summers day! hugs Mrs A.

Mau xx said...

What a super card, I love the image and your papers are brilliant for it.
Thanks for taking part in the MAWTT Birthday challenge.
Good Luck Viv.
Hugs mau xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Great card for a guy and the backing papers go so well with this image

Anne

Meggymay said...

Oh my, he is a handsome chap. Fantastic card Viv, I love those background papers as well.
Yvonne x

Unknown said...

vivy he is handsome even without a face ..but this is one of the bestest fabulos male cards ive seen sophisticated and demure..bit like me only a female version..trouble is my license to thrill has left the building ..and i dont drink anymore so lickley hood id be holding a coffee ..weathers crap here too hugs sassxxxxxx

Sue B said...

Wow! this is fab! I love the image - he does look very Bond!! The papers and layout are stunning!
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT and Good Luck in the Challenge!
Hugs Sue xx

Viv said...

It's gorgeous Viv, I really struggle with male cards too :) Viv xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is brilliant Viv, I like the elegant image, the papers and the sentiment.
Kevin xx

Netty said...

Terrific image and card. Annette x

Judie said...

Viv, wonderful elegant gentleman. Super papers. Like it a whole lot.

Judie

Shelby said...

I agree this is an awesomely sophisticated masculine card! The papers are just spot on perfect as well.

Shelby

Jackie said...

Plain and simple is perfect for Man cards and this is great :o)
Until the jet stream gets back where it belongs the weather is not going to change much!
Jackie xx

coops said...

stunning male card viv.the image is fab and i love the backing papers :D

xx coops xx

Unknown said...

FABULOUS with a capital F , well done what a super card Viv Hugs Elaine

NGCARDS said...

Great creation hun! Thanks for playing along at PTW! xxx

Ally said...

that card is stylish and sexy, it really is ;o) and so sorry to say: we'll have sun tomo! Jump into the next plane and come over for barbecue!
hugs, Alessandra

Annette said...

Fab card, love the Union Jack backing paper.

Annette
Netty's Cards
Top Tip Tuesday Challenge DT
xx

TLC DESIGNS, LLC said...

Viv, this really is super sophisticated! perfect for nearly every guy! I don't know any shaken not stirred either but one can hope!
Thanks for sharing at Top Tip Tuesday challenge this week too!
Hugs
Tammy Louise