Tuesday 17 January 2012

Blanket of Security!

Some friends of ours have recently had a baby so I took the opportunity to make a card using one of my favourite LOTV stamps - (actually I love all LOTV stamps so I can't choose a favourite - so they're ALL my favourites - LOL!)

But I like the simplicity of this baby stamp which looks equally at home on a clean and simple card as well as a more fussy and fancy one.
All the papers used on this offering are from Raspberry Road.
I coloured the stamp with promarkers and brushed some distress ink around the image. I thought at first I may have been a bit heavy handed with the ink but when I'd layered the image onto the blue and yellow die cuts and stitched it, decided it looked OK.
I paper pieced his little blanket and the sentiment on the front is a freebie from TLC which I cut out with one of my 'christmas presents to myself' nestie dies and I thought it just fitted perfectly with our little boy who is obviously getting lots of comfort from his blanket!

I confess that I have stitched everything in sight on this card!
Not content with decorating the front I carried on the theme into the inside.
Please click on the pic to enlarge it for a better view.
The ribbon under the space for the greeting is from my stash. I have had it for at least 5 years and have never used it - how bad is that?
The ticket sentiment was printed out and I used the duster brush on it again to make it a soft shade of blue. It says -
'Other than a dimple in a cute little chin, What is more adorable that a toothless grin?'
I considered the usual flowers, pearls, organza ribbon etc that I always end up putting on my baby cards but decided to just leave the front as it is as for a change.
Those who know me know I am most definitley NOT a baby person - but I really like making baby cards!!!

Challenges -
Crafty Boots - New Beginnings
Ooh La La - New Beginnings
By the Cute and Girly - New Beginnings
LOTV - Favourite Stamp
Freshly Brewed Monthly Challenge - Use Something New (my nestie labels)
CYDA - New Beginnings
One Stitch at a Time - Anything Goes

Thanks for visiting - a big hello to my new followers, it's lovely to see you! And to all of you who call in regularly and leave comments, i appreciate each and every one of them.

Enjoy the rest of your day whatever you're doing.  x

25 comments:

Josephine said...

This is such a sweet card - I love the touch of cream/yellow with the blue - gives it such a lovely soft result.

Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week and good luck!

Dee's Craft Room said...

Wow, this is a really sweet card, awesome stitching and great colours.

Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Lynne said...

Fabulous card. Lovely soft colours and the sentiment is brilliant.
Lynne xxx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Viv. I like the image, the papers and the lovely sentiment.
Kevin xx

Tlc Creations said...

That is just the most adorable card.
Thank you for using some TLC.

June Nelson said...

Hi Vivvy darlin this is gorgeous, and I love how you have carried it on to the inside mine are just white and boring lol have a good day xxxxxxxxxxxx

Aileen said...

This is just stunning. Gorgeous image and the pastel colours are perfect. The inside is also a treat. x

http://acraftynutter.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

Love it!
And the inside is top notch also ;o)

Jackie said...

What a delightful card and image :o)
Jackie xx

coops said...

aw gorgeous card viv.i love this sweet image and your soft colours are beautiful :D

xx coops xx

Brigitte said...

WOW, I love your card!!! The colouring is beautiful and his little paper pieced blanket is perfect! Thanks for joining us this month at By the Cute & Girly and we hope to see you again next challenge. Hugs, Brigitte

CraftyDaffy said...

I could tell from the thumbnail that I was gonna love this card. It has such a soft quality. The fabric effect papers are gorgeous and the image is as well. Thank you for joining in for the New Beginnings theme at Crafty Boots Challenges. xx Denise

Monica said...

How adorable is this image... and the sentiment touched my heart.

Monica xxx

Wendi said...

This is so so cute lovely image and beautiful card
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
Wendi

Daisychain said...

A beautiful card, love the image and colours you have used. Thanks for joining us at Lili’s Little Fairies this time. Hugs Christine x

My name is Cindy said...

Oh this is is sooooooo gorgeous! Love all the little details and the stitching is brill. For the record Ithink I have sentiments mucholder than 5 years. And don't even talk to me about alphabet stickers. What was I thinking? Thanks for popping by to see me, Cindy xx

Jules said...

Oh Viv .. .. how super cute is this?!?!?

I love everything about it!!

Fantastic details and amazing stitching .. and the sentiment is just so lovely!!!

Perfect!!

Love Jules xx

Gaynor Greaves said...

Just beautiful, love this image and layout, thanks for joining us at CYDA, hope to see you again, Gaynor DT :)

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is gorgeous sweetie and what fantastic stitching. Thank you so much for joining us at Craft Your Days Away this week and good luck.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Purple Crazy said...

Fab card, and a lovely image, thanks for sharing with us at OLLCB x

Julies Crafty Creations said...

Beautiful card, Thanks for joining in with our challenge over at OSAAT and good luck Julie

Kos med papir og saks said...

gorgeous card. love everything.

thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week, hope you join us next time too.

my little scrappingcorner
DT One Stitch At A Time

Digi Darla said...

WOW! This card is SOOO precious! So many details! Amazing job! So glad I found your site! XXXX~DigiDarla

Geraldine said...

Adorable card and such a great sentiment. Just perfect!
Thank you for joining us at BTC&G's "New Beginnings" challenge.
Geraldine

Sheryl said...

Awww......This is so soft and pretty! Perfect for a baby boy. That design paper actually looks like fabric! It's gorgeous!
Thank you for joining Freshly Brewed Challenges for our month long prize challenge, "Use Something New"
Warm Hugs, Sheryl