Tuesday 20 September 2011

DIY

Not had any chance to blog or even comment on all the lovely blogs I follow recently for various reasons which I won't bore you with - suffice to say my blood pressure is sky high and the holiday I am about to go on cannot come soon enough (and not surprisingly, it's just what the doctor ordered!!! LOL) - so the bags are packed, the passports are at the ready and now all I'm doing is waiting for 3am to load the car and get to the airport!

In the meantime thought I should pop something on so none of you forget me.....LOL

I spotted this image from Just Inklined when going through my 'wedding phase' and seaching for different stamps - you've already seen the Ball and Chain and this one made me smile too - not least cos I'm always telling DH when he's doing stuff around the house that I have no need for somewhere to park my bike...rofl!!!!
I coloured 'Builders Bum' with a variety of  the softer colour promarkers like Satin, Ivory etc and just added the splash of blue for the jeans and used green for the toolbox to match the backing papers.
The grey spanner was a button from a 'builders button' set I bought eons ago and it only took me an hour to find which drawer it was in - took me longer to find the damn spanner than it did to make the card!
This was a quick man's card for my depleted 'Man' stash. I spent a few hours this week when time permitted making lots of basic mens cards for the Birthdays we celebrate at the Club every Monday night - we only give one card to the Birthday Boy/Girl from all of us but it;'s amazing how quick the pile goes down.
I am submittinging this into a couple of challenges - if by some miracle I win (well we can all hope can't we?????) - can someone tell the challenge blog I'm on holiday please?????? 
Challenges -
Craft Your Passion - Occupational Hazards
Crazy Challenge - Men Only
Here Come the Boys - Bingo Recipe - 2 squares (well there's loads on the backing paper!), Charm or Button (my spanner) and Die Cuts (I used a nestie to cut out the image).






See you in a couple of weeks!

11 comments:

Lynne said...

Brilliant! I thought you`d been quiet. Enjoy your holiday.
Lynne xxx

Anonymous said...

LOL! It's the builders bottom! I love it! Fab card, thanks for playing at Here Come The Boys! Woo x

Lee said...

Awww bless you hun you go and have a flippin good time.Will be thinking of you.i laughed me socks off when i saw this Brilliant card,it's GREAT.Hugs xxx

Netty said...

Have a great holiday Viv and hope BP returns to normal soon. xx

Jackie said...

Brilliant card, great image beautifully coloured. Have a wonderful holiday :o)
Jackie xx

Lionelsa said...

Love the color, and the image is so fun.
Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge this week!

Jan said...

Brilliant! Looks like my OH!!!

p.s. Forget you! Never!! xxx

Sherry said...

Great card Viv, did make me laugh!

Hope you have a wonderful holiday xx

June Nelson said...

Its lovely vivvy by now you will be sunning yourself, bring me some rock back!!!! where are you anyhow!!! doing off like this no good!!!!! have alovely time darlin huggies and love from me xxxxxxx

Gaynor Greaves said...

gorgeous card thanks for sharing with us at CYP, Gaynor DT :)

Mrs A. said...

Hope you had a fab holiday. Have posted your gothic arch to time with you getting back home so hope it has arrived safely.
Hugs Valery Anne. (aka Mrs A. )