Monday 21 March 2011

The fan hides it!

Those who know me know how I feel about this range of stamps! Without wanting to cause any offence, cos I know there are thousands of you out there who adore Tilda, I'm afraid she really doesn't do it for me at all - I just keep having irresistible urges to get a pencil and draw a mouth!
In an attempt to convert me to the joys of Tilda & Co, a crafting friend (who is completely obsessed with all things Magnolia - LOL)  insisted that I make something - so this is the second of my attempts to do the 'worshipped one' justice!
The papers are from Summer Driggs. I used a Martha Stewart punch for the 'fan' corners and the oval was cut out with a nestie I chose this image because the hand held fan (thankfully) disguises the absence of the facial feature! Red and black always reminds me of flamenco hence the colour scheme. The flourish was a bit of an experiment - I coloured one side of it with a black promarker then turned it over and coloured the other side with a red one. Some of the black had seeped through onto the reverse side and I quite like the two tone result which I think blends in OK with the chosen colours.
I used a thinner piece of satin edged ribbon behind the image than I did for the bow. The bow looked better in the broader one! All the embellishments are from my stash. 
Challenges -
Totally Papercrafts - Use Buttons
Let's Ink It Up - Die Cuts/Punches
Corrosive Challenges - 3 papers, two ribbons, 1 image

14 comments:

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hiya Viv. Your card is lovely and a great colour combination.
I am laughing though, you are not alone, so can I join your club too, because I am not a fan of Tilda either.
Happy crafting,
Love Sandra xx

Janet said...

great card! thanks for joining the corrosive challenge!
hugs

Cazro said...

I too will confess of my feelings for the faceless wonders. I do like your card very much, the choice of colours and your embellishments, the fan, have all contributed to a beautiful card. Thanks for joining in at LIIU Good Luck Cazro.

Jan said...

The fan is not quite big enough.... it doesn't hide the fact that she also doesn't have a NOSE!!!! Well done for gritting your teeth though lol. Great card and great colours xx

Maureen said...

What can I say!! brilliant, only you could find Tilda with a Fan!!

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

I am with you regarding Tildas BUT you have done a wonderful job here, the colour and all the elements have made it so. Thanks for playing along with us at LIIU. Suzanne B

Meggymay said...

Oh, I love your cute Tilda, she is so sweet. Gorgeous card Viv.

Anne said...

Gorgeous card Viv, great colourwork and layout too. Thanks for playing along with Totally Papercrafts
Anne x

Claire said...

Wow beautiful card!! Thanks for joining us at LIIU and good luck
Claire xx

Sarn said...

Can I join your Non-Fan Club for Tilda's too? I will not have them in the house. Still like the card you've made though - even if you had to grit your teeth to do it!
Hugs, Sandra

Jackie said...

Great compromise, love the card. I am not much of a Tilda fan myself so you are not alone :o)
Jackie xx

Fliss said...

A very sweet card and such a lovely colour combination and I have to say I agree on the Tilda side too, though you've done a wonderful job here.
Thanks for joining in with LIIU die cut/punches challenge and good luck!
Fliss x

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

It is making me laugh to see how many of your commenters have come forward and admitted to not being Tilda fans :P Your card is absolutely beautiful, thanks so much for playing along with our recipe challenge at Corrosive, and I hope to see you again soon :D

Unknown said...

Great card! Thanks for joining us at Let's Ink it Up...I love your die cuts!
Alicia xx