Sunday 30 January 2011

Whipped Cream!

Who can resist a cup of hot choccie topped with a ton of whipped frothy cream????? YUMMY!!!!! LOL I have to confess to loving a steaming mug of hot choccie and cream.           Anyway, I was too concerned in dreaming about aforesaid hot choc yesterday and didn't manage to play with the new Grand Caliber toy.... must rectify that today (after I've pressure washed the paths and the area in front of the greenhouse!).
Instead yesterday I coloured this fab image from Cheryl with my fave promarkers - and made a card!
The spotty backing paper I just found in my stash and layered it onto some DCWV white and brown textured cardstock. The two scalloped circles were done using paper from the 'Natural' mat stack. I found a flourish from Maya Road and sponged it with Tea Dye and Antique Linen Distress Inks. The sentiment was inspired by an Inkadinkadoo stamp. Both sentiment and image edges were sponged with Antique Linen Ink and matted onto the same brown cardstock with 3d glue dots. I added some flowers and punched out leaves, secured them with pearl brads,a couple of pearls and a small piece of stripey ribbon and a wee dab of stickles on the frothed cream topping. Finished with a tiny wooden heart.
Challenges-
Paperplay - Layer It Up
Secret Crafter - Hot Chocolate
Delicious Doodles - Spots and/or Stripes
Some Odd Girl - Scallops
Crafty Catz - Flowers
Crafty Creations - Heat it up
Sassy Cheryl - Love (And love hot choccie I do!!!!)
Gingersnap Creations - Coffee and Cream

20 comments:

Jackie said...

Beautiful card, I love the colours.
You must be more disciplined than me, I can't have a new toy in the house more than 5 minutes without playing :o)
Jackie xx

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hiya Viv. Fab image and I just love the colour you have used, gorgeous. Happy crafting.
With love, sandra x

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Lovely!

Thanks for joining our "Hot chocolate" challenge on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

Hugs Jane x

PetraB said...

I go for hot choclate especially when it looks as inviting as the one on your fabulous card.

Anonymous said...

Fun card! Love your image! Thanks for playing the Gingersnap Creations Coffee and Cream Challenge!

Meggymay said...

A real fun card, love the image. xx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Viv
A fabulous card,thankyou for joining us at CraftyCatz for this week's challenge,
Hugs Dianne xx

Jinny Holt said...

Viv now that really is a yummy card,in every sense of the word!!!
Yummy colours and yummy chocolate,what more could a girl ask for lol

Jinny xx

Anne said...

Yum! Love the colours and of course the hot chocolate!
Anne
x

georgina said...

Oh My!!!! how decedant Viv love this card, luv Georginaxxx

Teri said...

Yummy card hun, love the colour!
Thank you for playing our Spots & Stripes Challenge at The Delicious Doodles Challenge Blog this week, and good luck!
Hugs,
Teri x

Unknown said...

I LOVE Cheryl's images. Fab card fits DD Challenge perfectly, hope to see you next time too
hugs
Ildiko

Lee said...

fab card,great colours.Love the sentiment.xx

Michele said...

this is beautfully done. the flowers are fabulous! xo

Suzanne said...

A gorgeous card. Thanks for playing at Crafty Catz x

Toni said...

Viv... this is such an adorable card. I love the stamped image... Beautiful work !

Chris said...

Fabulous card. Love the image and the quote. lol
Congratulations on making Ginger Gem.

Sandra DeFalco said...

Viv - I love the image! Beautiful Creation! Congrats on being selected as a Ginger Gem!
☺ Sandi's Creations!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a very delicious piece. Congrats to your Ginger Gem.

June Nelson said...

OOh vivvy I love this its delectable!!!!!! x