Saturday 16 October 2010

First a card .......

Since coming home I have struggled to find any inspiration at all!
I sat yesterday and realised I had only half finished a project that was due for a swap today so I was forced to do something! (More of that in next post).
After finishing the swap project I was tidying my desk and found two paper pieced images which I'd done using one of Maureen's 'Elegant Ladies' stamps. (If you pop over to Maureen's blog she has a card made from the same stamp!)

Feeling exceptionally guilty that they had been lying on the desk for almost 2 months, I thought I should make an effort and make at least one into a card!
So here it is - must admit I struggle to use green as I think it can be quite a brash colour but overall am happy with the way this card turned out.

3 different types of spotty paper from my stash, one of my fave Marta Stewart punches used for the top border, the sentiment printed out on the PC and the ribbon was a present from a fellow crafter, Petra.
Have submitted this into a couple of challenges -
Tuesday Throwdown - 3 elements and Papertake Weekly - 3 of a kind

11 comments:

Jan said...

I love this retro image anyway but the matching papers/ribbon that you've used, together with the design, makes for a beautiful card.

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Viv. This is simply beautiful. I love the colour and the image is just so pretty. Finished with that fantastic bow, which is just amazing. Happy crafting.
With love, Sandra xx

Joey said...

Hiya Viv

this is stunning, I love green my fave! and I love polka dots my fave! so this is right up my street. Hope you are well

Joey.xx

♥Gemma♥ said...

WOWWW its gorgeous....love the papers you have used and how you have used them!
hugs and xxx

Lee said...

Hi Viv.Hope you ok hun.WOW,what a fab card,love it.I do love that stamp.xx

Netty said...

Terrific card Viv, such a great layout and colours. Annette x

http://truutske.blogspot.com said...

Fantastic card Viv. I love vintage fashion and this suggestive green color is very beautiful.

Maureen said...

This is great - love the greens!!

Debi said...

Your card is lovely! Thank you for playing along with the Papertake Weekly challenge.

Anonymous said...

Very cute with the polka dots!

Val said...

This is stunning - love the acid greens, and that lady is beautiful.
Hugs
Valxx