Thursday 26 August 2010

Pinked Out!

Well here is the first post from me for a couple of days - Pink Day was a roaring success and raised over £600! So the total for year from me to date (excluding the donations for Mum) is currently standing at £869!!!!!!! I am worn out but it was worth the effort I think! One of the members took lots of pics so hopefully will be able to scare you all very soon with a pic of me and my pink hair! OH nearly had a heart attack when he saw it................... lol. He was even more stunned when I decided his hair would look good in a shade of pink too.........

So in the run up to yesterday and in between dyeing hair, I finished a couple of cards and as they say ' here's one I made earlier' -

As I didn't have any 'wedding' cards in the stash, I decided on a (quick - lol) clean and simple card - the cream background card has a fabulous irridescent sheen on it and I used the cuttlebug 'Textile' folder to emboss. The image is one of Mo Manning's and I think it's real pretty - I decoupaged the brides 'bustle' on the back of her dress to give the card some dimension. The whole thing is mounted onto gold mirri card and a gold and cream organza bow added.

Pear Tree Designs' challenge is 'Weddings' and Stamp Something is 'Digital'
Aud Sentiments and Stampin for the Weekend both have the theme 'Anything GoesChallenge up your Life's theme is 'Celebrations'
and over at Creative Card Crew and Rainbow Ladys Challenge Blog the challenge is 'Sparkle and Shine' and I hope the sheen on the cream card qualifies!

20 comments:

Jan said...

Congratulations Viv... such an amazing amount to have raised xx
Beautiful card too... I like the simplicity. It works really well.

Audrey said...

What a lovely card! I love the embossing. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments and don't forget to enter in our monthly drawing going on right now.

froebelsternchen said...

beautiful!

Rainbow Lady said...

Lovely card Viv and yes the sheen does count. Thanks for sparkling with me this week Love Cynthia x

Anonymous said...

Simply elegant.Your colouring is so delicate.Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs.
Lisa x

PetraB said...

Congratulations to the outcome of your Pink Day, this is so absolutely great! But then this is not a big surprise looking at all the cards you made. This wedding card is no exception. It is so elegant and stylish, really beautiful.

Jules said...

Hi Viv

A gorgeous embossed background and your bride and groom are so perfectly cut out. What patience you have!!

Love the decoupage.

Love Jules xx

Faye said...

Such a beautiful card. I've never seen that embossing before and it is gorgeous.

Julie said...

Gorgeous! Love everything about it. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments

Clare Lloyd said...

such a lovely wedding card. thanks for joining us @ PTD this week. good luck. well done it sounds like your pink day was a roaring success. X

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Viv. Please pop ove to my blog, I have left something there for you. Happy crafting.
With love, Sandra xx

Sarah said...

Well Done Viv on such a great achievement - your Mum would be proud.

Your card is gorgeous, love the simpleness of it and that image is perfect.

Sarah said...

P.S There's something on my blog for you x

Pia said...

wow what a great card

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Hello Viv, wow such a stunning wedding card, so lovely! Thanks for joining us over at Pear Tree Designs this week, hugs Heidi (DT) xx

Vanja said...

Beautiful card, Viv! The image is so cute! I love her dress.
Hugs, Vanja

Julie M said...

Fab card, Viv - I love that image, Mo's digis are the best!! Congrats to you on your fund-raising, that's a great total.

Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew.

Julie :o)

Leslie said...

Hi there Viv my dear Sis, I haven't been on our SBS circuit for a long time, but I am back in my studio and I miss all of my sisters. Been wondering how you all are doing. So exciting to hear about your pink day! I cannot wait to see those pictures.
Love and hugs, Leslie

Denise @ kc242 said...

What a lovely Wedding card. Your coloring and dp choice are simply perfect! I love it! Thanks so much for joining us at Creative Card Crew.
Denise
CCC DT

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful wedding card! Filled with warm and sweetness!