Monday 8 February 2010

Visions of Tomorrow

Finally I managed to find some free time yesterday to use my newly acquired Cuttlebug Asian Folders. I ordered them ages ago and they finally arrived on Saturday morning which irritated me immensely as I had to go out on Saturday and couldn't play with them!

I bought them from the USA cos as usual they get all the good stuff before we do!! (It's so unfair.....LOL) and as I'm not known for my patience, I wasn't prepared to wait until they're released here!

Decided to do just a simple card using the bamboo folder on Coredinations paper. The first two lines of the quote are a chinese proverb, I made the last line up to finish the greeting!! Printed it out on DCWV Oriental theme paper and mounted it onto chipboard.

I bought these huge oriental coins at Manchester at the end of last month and have been waiting for the folders to arive so I could use them!

8 comments:

Jan said...

That works SO well Viv. Very simple, classic style but great impact

Sherry said...

Beautiful card Viv!

Janette said...

Stunning card,love the whole look of it,you have a fab blog,thanks for dropping in to mine and your lovely comments.x

Maureen said...

Looks really good - these folders are great!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely card!

having a {me} day said...

Oh this is fab! Just love that bamboo folder and what you've done with it. Will have to add it to my wish list as one to get. Might have to wait till they arrive over here though. kxx

HappyCrafter said...

I LOVE this card! So simple and classy and that cuttlebug folder's going on my wish list! I really like how you went with very soft natural colours, this is a card I'd be proud to give and happy to receive.

Anne said...

Wow this looks fab, can't wait to get some of these new folders