Sunday 21 February 2010

Distressed .....

no, not me! The challenge at Paper Sundaes is to use some form of distressing on your card so carrying on with making cards for the charity box I made this boy card.

The image was a freebie from Dustin Pike. I don't have a lot of experience with kids stuff, particularly for boys so hope this is a suitable card!

I coloured 'Sir Knight' with promarkers, sponged the white base card around him with 'Shabby Shutters' distress ink (doesn't show up too well on this pic, but trust me, it's on there!) and punched out 'half a daisy' with the newly acquired Martha Stewart punch and glued it onto the top right hand side.

The background papers are from a Christmas stack from HOTP and I used 3 small green mosaic tiles on the left hand side.
I have also submitted this for the challenge over at Cards for Men, which this week had set the theme of 'green'. I'm hoping that 'jolly green dragon' is green enough!

12 comments:

PetraB said...

When I saw the card, I really had to laugh. Your dragon is soooooo cute and using it for a man's card .... well, what shall I say ... it is a brilliant card. Petra.xx

Donnas Den said...

Great card, Viv. Thanks for joining us over at Cards for Men and good luck with the challenge.

Donna

Viv said...

LOL at Petra's comment... at least I didn't use it on a card for my mother in law!!!!

Nannieflash said...

Fabulous card, love the image. Thank your joining us at Cards for Men, and good luck with the Challenge. With love and hugs Shirleyxxx

Anne said...

Fun card, I can see the Distress Ink

Alica said...

what a fun card! The dragon is cute and the colors work really well with the image.

Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes!

Unknown said...

That's definately a jolly green dragon there Viv! Yep! He's green enough for our challenge.
Thanks for playing along with us at Cards for Men. Good luck!. Viv xx

Patricia St Martin said...

Lo9ve your card. He is soooo cute. Thanks for playing at Cards for Men.

Christine said...

Great card, your dragon is adorable! Perfect for a man's card, I always struggle with those! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes!

JayLynn said...

Very cute card!

Crystal said...

This is so cute! I love Dustin Pike's images! Thanks for playing with us over at Paper Sundaes!

Danderella said...

What a fun card!